Run, baby, run!



What have I got to lose?

Nothing.

But, I'm still nervous about running the 17th Annual Army Birthday 10 miler tomorrow morning @ 6:30AM!!!

And I think I have a legitimate reason :: I had mono the first 2 1/2 weeks of May.

Looking back in April 29th when I found out from the Dr. that I did in fact have mono I was a mess. I had already been feeling undertheweather for 9 days. So, I was instantaneously depressed from the Dr's words, "You'll be sick for 4-6 [more] weeks. Rest and drink water.", thus entirely convinced I wouldn't be able to run the 10 miler...

But, I prayed, my mom prayed, my friends prayed, my husband prayed, and I boosted my immune system with vitamins (and water and rest;))...and a week and a half later, my health started coming back!

MIRACULOUSLY MY HEALTH IS BACK!!! AND I AM BEYOND GRATEFUL!!!

I got to put in a couple "long" runs before the race and ended up 11 seconds off my pre-mono running ability, which is nothing race adrenaline can't make up for;) 

So, while I hope to still achieve my pre-mono diagnosis goal of a 7:30/min per mile finish, considering the stress my body endured from being ill, I'd be happy with a repeat of last years 8/min per mile finish.

But, it's probably best that I let go and let God. He, is my healer.

Be blessed!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really still July?

New House!

Welcome!