Run, baby, run!



What have I got to lose?

Nothing.

But, I'm still nervous about running the 17th Annual Army Birthday 10 miler tomorrow morning @ 6:30AM!!!

And I think I have a legitimate reason :: I had mono the first 2 1/2 weeks of May.

Looking back in April 29th when I found out from the Dr. that I did in fact have mono I was a mess. I had already been feeling undertheweather for 9 days. So, I was instantaneously depressed from the Dr's words, "You'll be sick for 4-6 [more] weeks. Rest and drink water.", thus entirely convinced I wouldn't be able to run the 10 miler...

But, I prayed, my mom prayed, my friends prayed, my husband prayed, and I boosted my immune system with vitamins (and water and rest;))...and a week and a half later, my health started coming back!

MIRACULOUSLY MY HEALTH IS BACK!!! AND I AM BEYOND GRATEFUL!!!

I got to put in a couple "long" runs before the race and ended up 11 seconds off my pre-mono running ability, which is nothing race adrenaline can't make up for;) 

So, while I hope to still achieve my pre-mono diagnosis goal of a 7:30/min per mile finish, considering the stress my body endured from being ill, I'd be happy with a repeat of last years 8/min per mile finish.

But, it's probably best that I let go and let God. He, is my healer.

Be blessed!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really still July?

Is it really still July?

15 (of 50!) Ways To Be Happier & Healthier