Dawn

A big month is wrapping itself up in my current season of life.

It's been....The first month the hubs has been away in about 7 months...so it's probably only the second time I've juggled all three kids (and myself) solo. And, it's going to be the last full month we will be living in our hometown of 6.5 years.................this is kind of a big deal.

Both of these realities have created a "dawn" in myself, so to speak.

We have three children ages 6, 2.5, and 16 months. We home school, well, I home school.  And dad's been jumping out of planes at about 15,000 feet this month. Totally normal. Totally dangerous.

The first week the hubs was gone this time was a panicky exhausting almost tear jerking blur. Just feeding and bathing everyone everyday was enough to keep me COMPLETELY occupied. I really just wanted someone to come unload my dishwasher every night. THAT would have made my day...okay probably MONTH.

The kids also got sick after that first week. So we scratched school the following week. I didn't want to be the joy-less teacher hounding my 6 year old to "hurry up and listen to me so we can get this checked off your kindergarten developmental list", which in turn leads to telling my 2.5 year old to "hurry up hurry up hurry up"....

So, cue Zootopia on repeat to keep the masses happy and extra snuggle time on the couch while we ALL adjust to the fact that daddy is not home to help mommy balance it all.

[I know there are single moms out there and my mom was one. But for real, I'm not sure what is harder.......always doing it all alone or sometimes doing it all alone....]



On top of this, our house was put up for sale/rent because we're moving after 6.5 years, which is like eternity in my husbands line of work. So I'm also really really really really really sad and a tiny bit glad...we're moving to Destin aka THE BEACH WILL BE IN OUR BACKYARD. I've always wanted a yellow house on the beach. Well, I want a yellow house in Italy on the coast. But this is pretty close, right? Humor me.

Anyway, we also showed our house one time at the beginning of this crazy month. And of COURSE the realtor calls me a couple days after the showing and says:

the couple wants your house.
and wants your house at your advertised rent price.
and wants to move in mid December.

Talk about a weight lifted and a weight added simultaneously. Moving just before Christmas........huzzah???!!!!

But somehow through all this insanity I've stayed relatively at peace....besides that first week anyway... 
(here's a secret: we ALL don't have it ALL together ALL the time!)

I think all the pressure is just the right amount presently. It's kind of like a wine skin. It's still a heck of a lot of pressure, but it's producing something good. Not wine, darn it. But I can see more clearly what's really important and what's really not important.

Yeah, it's going to be insane the next three weeks. No doubt about that. But I'm okay with it. I think half the battle of having a simpler life is letting your emotions be simpler...letting them come and go as they need.

I'm loving this quote I found on my tea bag this week:

"When the dawn of simplicity comes in life, complications leave."

It's reminding me to not only get rid of physical stuff, but also emotional stuff. 

Feel it/use it. And then, 
let it go.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really still July?

New House!

Decisions! Decisions!